- "When we were driving to the gigs in England all in one car, we knew (Love Me Do) was going to come on the BBC. So it's 9:32, it would be on, and we'd pull over. It was a thrill! I'm still proud of the records. John and Paul wrote some incredible songs, and we played the best we could."
- "The Beatles was great, I had three brothers and we made some great music, worked hard and we put something out and it's like we're selling again."
- "I feel inside successful as an act, No one is more successful than [the Beatles] and I was one of them. I mean you're here because I was in that band. I mean you take a little interest in this, but you take more interest -- let's be honest -- because I'm one of them."
- "McCartney's involvement does have meaning for me, because in all honesty, nobody knows me as a musician better than him. We were in 'that band. The bass and drums, we would get together. To this day, he's still, for me, the most melodic bass player. He just has a way."
- "I love performing with him(Paul). It's always exciting. He is a dear friend (and) a great musician," (acknowledging it brings back memories of earlier days?)"Well, it has to do that. But two of us are missing."